Saturday, July 23, 2011

Orzo Pasta Salad

My parents make the most amazing orzo salad (I always request it whenever I'm visiting them for the weekend).  I made a slightly altered version based on a few special items I picked up at the farmer's market today...SCAPES!  These funny looking veggies are the tips of garlic and have a really nice mild garlic flavor.  If you can't find scapes, feel free to omit them and use dill instead.



Ingredients

1/2 box of orzo pasta
1 small salad onion thinly sliced or 5 scallions thinly sliced
5 or 6 scapes chopped into bite size pieces
1 can of garbanzo beans
zest of one lemon
3/4 cup feta cheese

1. Cook orzo pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile chop onion and scapes
3. Drain pasta when cooked and run cold water over the pasta to cool it down
4. Combine pasta, beans, scapes, lemon zest and feta in a big bowl.
5. Stir and serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment

''