Calling these potato "chips" seemed like such a shame because they are so fantastic and really more classy than something you would get out of a bag, the bonus is that you know exactly how these are prepared so you don't have to second guess the quality or the ingredients. Serve with mussels or burgers or anywhere else you would have delicious frites!
3 medium(ish) yukon gold potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
3 sprigs tarragon, removed from stems and chopped
1. Preheat broiler on oven. Peel potatoes.
2. Thinly slice potatoes and place in a bowl.
3. Pour olive oil over the potatoes and use tongs to evenly coat the potato slices
4. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
5. Evenly place potato slices on the parchment; they can overlap slightly but it is best if they are alone.
6. Place in the oven and cook until browned, this can take about 10 minutes, but check every few minutes to make sure nothing is burning.
7. Remove from oven and place in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
8. Top with tarragon and sprinkle with salt (plus pepper if you are so inclined). Eat immediately!