Here is the ultimate summer cocktail. It is unbelievably refreshing and compliments all the flavors of summer, from pasta to barbeque!
This recipe serves 5
2 tea bags (for black tea)
1/3 cup honey
2 cups water
2 cups lemonade (Newman's Own is nice)
10 basil leaves
5 slices of lemon
1 cup of bourbon or whiskey
1. Boil hot water. When boiling add 1 cup of water to the 2 tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes in a coffee mug.
2. Remove tea bags and mix in 1/3 cup honey
3. Transfer to a pitcher and add additional cup of cold water and 2 cups of lemonade and let chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
4. When ready to serve, muddle 2 basil leaves with ice cubes (2 leaves per glass) and top with sliced lemon
5. Remove mixture from the fridge and add whiskey...shake well and then pour over the ice, basil and lemon.