When a dinner is truly so delicious that we are sorry it is over, David and I have a little saying "I could cry over this". This croque bolognese is one of those meals. When we traveled in Belgium a few years ago, I would have a croque bolognese every day for lunch. I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy, but there is nothing better than spaghetti sauce smothered on grilled cheese. If you try this and don't like it, we can't be friends anymore. If you make this with a homemade spaghetti sauce you will not be disappointed. I would like to note that we ate this so quickly we forgot to put parmesan cheese sprinkles on top, don't forget yours!
Ingredients for 4 croque bolognese
2 cups spaghetti sauce
8 pieces of sourdough bread
4 slides Tillamook aged white cheddar cheese
1. Heat spaghetti sauce in a small sauce pan on the stove.
2. Meanwhile, put cheese slices in between the bread (a la grilled cheese people).
3. Heat a few swirls of olive oil in a pan, turn the pan to make sure the oil covers the bottom of the pan.
4. Place sandwiches in the hot pan, cook 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown
5. Place sandwiches on plates and drown them in delicious bolognese (aka cover in spaghetti sauce).
6. Top with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.