Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Banana Coconut Kale Smoothie

I'm not one of those people who likes to "juice" but ever since my parents gave me a Nutri-bullet I have been making delicious breakfast smoothies with all the extra veggies and fruits in our fridge.  I'm convinced after sampling several smoothies that a banana is a necessary ingredient.  Bananas make everything taste yummy (even kale!) at 5:30 AM, trust me.  If you don't have a Nutri-bullet you should probably go buy one because they are pretty awesome, but a regular blender would work as well.


Ingredients for 1 smoothie

1 banana
1 cup torn kale leaves
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
1/2 cup lowfat milk or almond milk

1. Combine all ingredients in Nutri-bullet and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).  Sprinkle with a little extra coconut and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

''