Full disclosure, I took this recipe from my mother in law Hilde and I am not sorry about it at all. She made this for Christmas dinner, the dish is super gourmet but also very simple and easy to make. You can also prep it ahead of time and keep cool in the fridge if you are worried about the timing of cooking the fish.
1 lb salmon fillet
1 chunk of fresh ginger root (about 4 inches)
1 bunch of scallions
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Peel ginger root and thinly slice. Set aside.
2. Chop scallions into less than bite sized pieces
3. Thinly slice lemon and lime.
4. Clean the salmon filet and dab with paper towels. Place in a dish with a lip so it can go straight into the oven.
5. Top the salmon with ginger root, scallions, lemon and lime. At this point you can put the fish in the fridge until you are ready to cook and serve.
6. When ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
7. Pour soy sauce over fish and top with salt and pepper.
8. Cook in the oven until fork on the fish is firm but not too hard. About 12 minutes.
9. Remove fish from oven. Heat a small sauce pan over high heat and add oil. When nearly smoking hot, remove from stove and carefully pour over the fish. This is dinner theater so you can do this at the table, but just be careful of the hot oil.
10. Serve and enjoy!