Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake

The morning after I arrived back from a recent trip I was too jet lagged to sleep.  I had a recipe in my inbox from my mom which I modified into this coffee cake.  I'm glad my mom keeps our old recipes around because this was perfect for David and I once he woke up (about 3 hours later).  Feel free to add a different frozen fruit (or two!).  The recipe calls for lemon curd but you could substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla + zest of one lemon instead.



1 stick butter
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon curd (or 2 tsp vanilla + zest of 1 lemon)
1 1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Grease bread loaf pan or spring form pan (depending on the shape of bread you want to cook)
2. Cream butter and sugar together, about 4 minutes
3. Add eggs, sour cream and lemon curd and mix until smooth
4. Pre mix flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda
5. Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture until just combined
6. Stir in blueberries
7. Add to greased pan and cook until toothpick comes out clean (about 40 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

''